Now in its fourth year, the Edwards Collective is a group of approximately 35 students who have applied to live together in a residential community that celebrates the humanities and creative arts. The Edwards Collective takes its name from its home in Edwards Hall, where the Collective occupies the third, fourth and fifth floors – 31 single rooms and 2 two-room doubles. This physical proximity affords many opportunities for informal discussion, critiquing and collaboration, allowing students to forge lasting bonds with fellow student-artists. The Edwards Collective will also plan periodic trips and events of interest to artists, musicians, and other humanists; if you'd like to know more about these opportunities, please email Mathey's Director of Studies, Cecily Swanson (email@example.com)
Members of the Edwards Collective:
- Enjoy a Friday morning "coffee & croissants" get-together and a weekly dinner with other Collective participants, sometimes meeting with visiting writers or artists on campus, or favorite professors.
- Receive informal guidance from Resident Graduate Students with expertise in the arts and humanities, who will live in an apartment suite nearby and host weekly “study breaks.”
- Plan and attend trips to arts events, such as musical or dramatic performances, readings, and galleries.
- Join in retreats over Fall and Spring Breaks to work on individual arts or writing projects.
- Meet Princeton alumni working in the arts and humanities.
To learn more about the Collective, please visit https://edwards.princeton.edu/
Read Aaron Robertson's (Mathey '17) reflection on being part of the Edwards Collective here: https://gradschool.princeton.edu/news/edwards-collective-explored
Read Makenna May's (Mathey '17) reflection on the Edwards Collective here: https://admission.princeton.edu/blogs/joining-edwards-collective
For the 2018-2019 academic year, sophomores and juniors from all residential colleges are eligible to apply, as well as freshmen who resided in Mathey last year. Applications will be due in mid February. Check in for exact dates and application information soon.